Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Who is it that you are REALLY glorifying?

     566....there are 566 connections on my Facebook page, most of which I would say are Christians. Among these Christians are people who would consider themselves to be AOG, Baptist, Calvinist, Catholic, COG, Episcopal, Methodist, Pentecostal, Presbyterian or simply Non-Denominational. I love when I can scroll through encouraging updates, scriptures and photos. However, over the past year I have noticed in posts that there has been more of an increasing emphasis on the religion itself or predominate figures of those religions.

This past Sunday morning at church during our worship time we sang the song "How Many Kings" and it spoke louder than ever to me.

How Many Kings

In the words of this song....

How many kings, stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
How many Gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that has torn all apart?
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?
Only One did that for me.

Exactly....ONLY ONE did that. It was NOT a certain religion nor was it the Pope, Mother Mary, Adrian Rodgers, Billy Graham, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, C. S. Lewis, John Calvin, Charles Spurgeon, Martin Luther, Amy Carmichael, William Carey, David Livingstone, George Muller, Hudson Taylor, Lecrae, Andy Mineo, Trip Lee, KB, Tedashii or Derek Minor.

The Great Commission clearly states in Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

While we may cherish each of our own religions, denominations or religious figures, there is only One that we should be making known to others, worshipping and giving glory to and that is our Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment