I can not believe another summer has came and unfortunately gone so soon. Being the second day of school, there are no kids running around or snoring on the couch after a late night of watching television. My quiet time this morning is just that...quiet.
As life is all to often like a rollercoaster, I find myself on that uphill climb. You know, where you feel like you've almost made it back to the peak and you can throw your hands in the air as you shout for joy? This morning my eyes and heart landed in the 116th chapter of the book of Psalms. With God's perfect timing, no doubt, it washed over me and left me with a smiling heart.
I love the Lord because He has heard my appeal for mercy.
Because He has turned His ear to me,
I will call out to Him as long as I live.
The ropes of death were wrapped around me,
and the torments of Sheol overcame me;
I encountered trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of Yahweh: "Yahweh, save me!"
The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is compassionate.
The Lord guards the inexperienced;
I was helpless, and He saved me.
Psalm 116:1-6
In the last month we were faced with the ultimatum of "move or have no job". This was a huge decision to consider. Do we leave everything and everyone behind for a job and a promotion? Or, do we stay and be left with possibly no job at all to provide for our family? Our first response of course was to simply pray and seek God for His will in this situation. During that time I was reminded several times of a sweet scripture that basically gave us our instruction on what to do as we waited and prayed:
The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Exodus 14:14
Needless to say, the Lord did exactly that and a job presented itself for Chad here. This job will mean sacrifices for us all in several different areas of our family life. Regardless, we are so grateful for how He always provides.
No comments:
Post a Comment