Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Guide Me

     Chad and Braeden had plans to serve on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic this coming March, but as usual, our plans are not always God's plans. Shortly after Christmas, Chad found out that he wouldn't be able to go. Inevitably, I jumped at the chance to serve along side of my seasoned little missionary. As the new year approached I made a conscious decision to de-clutter my mind and heart of unnecessary things such as social media in order to devote extra time to spiritually preparing myself for the endeavor ahead. Today was no different. I came in from taking Chloe to school and cuddled up on the couch with a blanket, cup of coffee and my bible. My hope and prayer is that God will pour in to me the words, His words, that I will need in order to touch other's hearts (as well as my own) for Christ while I am there. I came across the most perfect scripture this morning in Hebrews.

By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed and went out to a place he was going to receive as an inheritance. He went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he stayed as a foreigner in the land of promise, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, coheirs of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose architect and builder is God. ~Hebrews 11:8-10

     The excitement inside of me has been building with each day as we get closer to our departure date. I find myself looking over maps of the D.R., studying it's history and looking up pictures of it's larger cities. Like Abraham going in to the promise land, I'm not exactly sure of where I'm going. As Christians we may not know why or where God is guiding us, but we do know our Guide. That in itself, is overly satisfying and exciting! I too, am looking forward to seeing this new city God is leading me to help Him build! 





No comments:

Post a Comment