Thursday, May 5, 2016

12 already?

I can not begin to fathom that in only 2 days my smallest angel will turn a shocking 12 years old. I think it hit me like a ton of bricks the moment I snapped a picture of her right before she walked into middle school cheer tryouts. I remember 4 years ago seeing pictures of the girls in Braeden's grade trying out for cheerleader and thinking gosh, they are getting so big. I think had I not had that memory of them I would still be in complete denial that my little girl is half grown. 

After drowning in a tad bit of self pity, I received a text saying that the new cheerleaders would need their pictures taken for the news paper on Monday morning, I decided that what I needed was a girl day and a little shopping therapy with my Chloe. This way, she would be thrilled to get a new outfit for pictures and I could attempt to savor  some one on one time with my not so little girl. I told her the plan for the day and how her Daddy and Braeden were going to spend the day doing boy things and that we were going shopping. She was ecstatic to say the least. She immediately ran to her room and started laying out her clothes and looking through her closet to find the perfect pair of shoes/wedges for the day and I sank a tiny bit more into the pit of seeing just how grown up she's becoming. As I sat and pouted over my cup of coffee and discussed these revelations of feelings I was having with Chad, I found out he too was dealing with the same issues. Wondering just where time had gone and who was this jaw dropping, gorgeous young lady growing up overnight in front of us? We ended our conversation as we heard Chloe coming out of the bathroom after finishing up her shower. After getting dressed, she bounced down the hall and completely melted my heart. 

Mom, will you blow dry and fix my hair for me?

It was as if God reached down then and there to wrap me in His arms, comfort me and show me I still have my same little girl I've always had. 

Absolutely, baby girl, absolutely.



No comments:

Post a Comment