Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Humbly Blessed

This holiday season has been difficult for our family but it wasn't anything God couldn't handle. On a Sunday afternoon near the end of October Chad received a call that flipped our emotions upside down. A friend of Chad's that he's known through participating in golf tournaments called and in the course of casual conversation let Chad know that Chad's company was starting the hiring process of several people that he knew. As the chat went on they both realized that the people being hired were going to be employed to replace Chad and his employees. We were all heart broken that this was happening so close to Thanksgiving and Christmas...especially since we hadn't begun any Christmas shopping for the kids what so ever. Of course then you have the bigger picture, where Christmas presents really don't matter or hold any sort of importance when we may not have a way to even pay bills or buy groceries.

Shortly after the information came in, it was confirmed when the new people showed up at the office to fill out their new hire paperwork and take their drug screens. I was very proud of the way Chad handled himself while taking care of business as usual. He showed them around the office, shop and yard and was very respectful to them despite knowing the fact that they were there to take his job. I was devastated no doubt and spent several nights on the phone with my mom discussing my fears. She would continuously let me know she was praying for Chad and that she was sure everything would be fine. Being a child of God, I absolutely knew we would eventually be fine but what about right now? What about next week? I know Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. I've always said there has to be rain before you can see a rainbow. But, ughhh why rain now, now when we seemed to be in the midst of what we thought was God's will for our family? That week I received a text from our pastor and an email from Chad's childhood youth pastor and both were the exact same scripture, Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him And He shall direct your paths. Although this verse was so appreciated, for some reason it didn't speak to me at the time. That night after we tucked the kids into bed I told Chad about the verse and what a coincidence it was that Bro. John and Bro. Mark would both send the same verse within hours to us. I pulled up the Bible on my my phone and scrolled down to the verse to read it to Chad.  For some reason I continued to read on. One verse after another until it finally hit me....the verse I was actually meant to read by them sending the one they had. Then all the sudden a wave of guilt washed over me like never before. Chad just wrapped his arms around me as I cried  uncontrollably. There it was, in black and white, the problem...and the solution. Chad and I discussed  my feelings and he agreed whole heartily where we had gone wrong. Since this is an extremely personal conviction, I'd rather not share it. However, I will share these verses that also stood out Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline, and do not resent His rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those He loves, as a father the son He delights in. Thank you Lord for Your Word...who says life doesn't come with an instruction book, lol? 

Friday afternoon of that same week Chad called me just before I left to pick up the kids from school to let me know that he had talked to his boss in the corporate office and that their company was being bought out and so all hiring was being put on hold until after the holidays. Hallelujah for the peace of mind that God sent us through a simple phone call! The next week Chad received three phone calls from companies that had heard about the plans of his company planning to let him go and they were all interested in possibly hiring him. Thank you Lord for giving us hope. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Tomorrow, December 28, Chad is supposed to call one of the potential employers back to find out if they will in fact have the funds in their budget to hire Chad. God already knows the answer so we're ok waiting another 24 hours to hear His plan for our family.

God has seen us through trial after trial since hearing this news of Chad's job. Chloe's had to have another surgery on her stomach and my sweet Grandma, the one who I remember most teaching me about Jesus, passed away a little over a week ago. Through this season we have been stretched beyond our financial capabilities. Our church has been collecting food for three Christmas dinners for families in need for a couple months now and last Sunday one of the Christmas dinners was given to our family, it brings tears to my eyes to say that....our family. Somehow, some way God had laid it on some one's heart that our family could use it. I won't go into specifics but it was definitely needed. We are so very grateful to God for moving in people's hearts to help us. Since then Chad's next semester of  seminary has been paid for along with another family helping provide us with a gift card for additional groceries. I admit I am ashamed of being financially burdened right now, because through it all, even without the help we have received, we were blessed. Now we are blessed beyond words. I am excited for 2012 to get under way because I know that God has big plans for us. Through Him we are going to prosper and be able to give back in a mighty way to all of those who have helped us through this time and others that may be going through a similar situation. Through it all He has provided financially and spiritually.

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.~Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment