Monday, June 17, 2013

Overwhelming Emotions

The final day is here. We dropped Braeden off on Saturday for missions and ministry training in Garden Valley, Tx. Once again we seen the instant transformation of our usually shy son change into a confident outspoken young man. I'm reminded of the conversation in Exodus between God and Moses. Moses was pleading with The Lord to send someone else to the Pharaoh in order to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. He tried to explain that he wasn't fit to do so because he felt as if he was slow and hesitant to speak. Then in Exodus 4:12 God responds "Now go! I will help you speak and I will teach you what to say." 

I fully believe this is what happens to Braeden each time he prepares to leaves. He is overcome with the confidence that only God can fill us with in order for us to lead others to Him. 


I am overwhelmed with emotions today as we get ready to travel back to Garden Valley to attend tonight's Commissioning Ceremony. This will be the last time we are able to see Braeden before he flies to Zambia. I remember breaking down like a blubbering idiot last year on this day so I'm quite familiar with this feeling that is coming over me today. These are not emotions of apprehension and fear but rather love, pride and gratefulness for such a child and Savior. I am grateful that when Braeden is not within my reach, he is in our Heavenly Father's hands. 

You will keep the mind that is dependent on You in perfect peace, for it is trusting in You. ~Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment