Monday, June 18, 2012

Missing Braeden

 It's only been one week since he left for his one month mission trip to the Darien Jungle and San Blas Islands of Panama in Central America and I am missing him like crazy. The first couple days all I could do was cry but now I find myself in a constant state of worship and praise to our Heavenly Father for entrusting me as a parent with such an incredible child.

     It seems like every time I turn around here lately I am being reminded what an honor it is to mother my children. A couple weeks ago while doing my homework for a Beth Moore Bible study that I was doing I came across scriptures that I felt like were words I would have written about Braeden and Chloe...

1 Samuel 1:27-28

New International Version (NIV)
27 I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there.

     After losing the first baby...before Braeden came along, I prayed diligently for a son, (and just to be completely humanly honest...a son with straight hair) ;) God granted Chad and I our son so since he was a whole 7 days old he has found his place beside us at church listening to God's Word, never fussing or fidgeting, just listening intently as he drew in his notebook while Chad took notes in his. From the time he was born of course we knew that he was ultimately God's child that He had simply entrusted us to look after, so Braeden has always been His. But, not until June 11 did I not only spiritually but also physically give Braeden's life over to the Lord. This hit me like a ton of bricks as we drove away without him. You can't imagine the pride we feel knowing that where ever Braeden goes throughout his life He will worship the Lord. 







No comments:

Post a Comment